The Lighthouse Tower will be closed for painting the week of October 3, 2022
The Point Arena Lighthouse Tower will be closed the week of October 3 for power washing and painting by Dunn Right Painting of Ukiah. No Tower Tours will be offered during this time. The Light Station Store, Indoor Museum and Outdoor Museum will remain open daily from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The Outdoor Museum is a self guided-tour.
The 152 Year Old Light Station is Open as of Friday, April 2, 2021!
The Point Arena Light Station Light Station Store, Indoor Museum, Outdoor Museum are open daily from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Outdoor Museum is a self guided-tour. (Occasional closures for maintenance, filming or special events will be listed on this page and our Home page). The Lighthouse Tower is once again open to the public for tours. Tower Tours will be available daily and will continue through at least Labor Day.
All guests 12 years and older are required to pay the Site Visit Fee of $5 per person for admission to the Light Station Store, Fog Signal Building Museum and 23 acre Outdoor Museum. Tower Tours are available to guests 6 years and older for an additional fee of $5. Guests under 6 years old are not allowed on Tower Tours. Tours will be conducted approximately every 20 minutes, with the first Tour starting around 10:15 a.m. The last Tour will be presented around 4 p.m.
We are also resuming our Full Moon Night Tours starting in July! Night Tours are scheduled on the Saturday closest to every full moon if it doesn’t fall on a Saturday. Individual tickets are $30 each or $25 each for two or more. Click on this Night Tour link for information on the tours and how to make a reservation.
Masks are REQUIRED for all guests while in the Tower.
Hours of operation: Daily 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. rest of the year.
Closed Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day. The Lighthouse will close early on Christmas Eve so that our staff can get home to their family and friends. Hours on December 24 will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Admission to the Lighthouse:
Point Arena Lighthouse Keepers, Inc. Members: Always free!
Tower Tour (in addition to Site Visit Fee):
$5 per person 6 years and up
The Light Station does not offer any Site Visit Fee or Tower Tour discounts (i.e. AAA, AARP, Senior, Veterans, State Parks, National Parks, etc.). Point Arena Lighthouse Keepers, Inc. (PALKI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that owns the 23 acre Light Station and all the buildings and structures it contains. PALKI receives no funding from any government agency and is not part of the State or National Park system. We are completely dependent on our guests and members to “keep the light shining.” Your visit helps us maintain the Light Station for present and future generations. We appreciate your visit and support!
The Light Station does offer free admission on the following days and/or categories:
- Under the Deed of Trust Agreement between the United States Coast Guard, United States Department of Transportation and PALKI all active Military personnel are entitled to free admission to the Light Station and Tower with current military I.D.
- Wind & Whale Celebration – Free to all (date varies each year)
- Point Arena Light Station Anniversary (May 1) – The original Tower was first lit on this date in 1870. Free to all
- National Lighthouse Day (August 7) – Free to all
- Mothers Day – Free to mothers
- Fathers Day – Free to fathers
- Veterans Day (November 11) – Free to veterans and active military with ID
- Discover the Coast – Free to all (date varies each year)
The Light Station is a No Drone Zone
The Point Arena Light Lighthouse Keepers, Inc. (PALKI) Official Drone Policy prohibits the launch, flight and/or retrieval of remote piloted drones on or over its 23 acre property. This policy is in place due to the following factors:
- We are an active United States Coast Guard heliport and fueling station and are governed by all relevant FAA guidelines and regulations
- We must insure the safety and privacy of all of our guests while they are visiting the Lighthouse or exploring the grounds
- Our historic buildings could be damaged by a malfunctioning or improperly operated drone, leading to potentially costly repairs and litigation
All of us at the Point Arena Lighthouse appreciate your understanding of and cooperation with this policy. If you have any concerns or questions, please ask to speak with me, call me at (707) 882-2777 or email me at MarkH.PALight@gmail.com
PALKI Executive Director
The Point Arena Lighthouse is just a 2 – 4 hour drive from most of the Bay Area and Sacramento, on one of the most beautiful roads in the world – California Highway 1. Take your time coming or going, use the turnouts to take in the amazing views and visit the many regional and State parks along the way.