This is what your membership has to offer:
- A Voice . . . In the direction and goals. Members elect the Board of Directors, and are eligible to run for the Board
- Newsletters . . . Two each year, to keep members up-to-date on our projects and activities
- Personal Satisfaction . . . In the knowledge that memberships and contributions provide for the daily presentation and preservation of this historic site
- Free Admission . . . Current members are entitled to free Site Visit and Tower Tours with additional admissions depending on membership level
- 10% – 25% Discount . . . On lodging at the Point Arena Lighthouse vacation rental cottages & studios depending on membership level (holidays excluded)*
- 10% Discount . . . On Point Arena Lighthouse Gift Store purchases
- Tax Deductible . . . All memberships and donations are tax deductible
- Lifetime Members also have an engraved plaque added to the Lifetime Member displays in the Buttress Room of the Tower
* Holiday weekends, Thanksgiving weekend (Thursday through Sunday), Christmas week (December 24 through January 1)
Please consider becoming an important contributor to the Point Arena Light Station! Becoming a Point Arena Lighthouse Sponsor helps us preserve an historic landmark on the Mendocino Coast, and provide a lasting legacy to the coastal community.
2023 marks the 153rd Anniversary of lighting the way on the coast, and your donation will help us keep that light shining for the next 153 years and beyond!
Volunteer to Support the Lighthouse
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO HELP US KEEP THE LIGHT SHINING!
The Point Arena Lighthouse is always in need of volunteers to help us “keep the light shining brightly.” Whatever your skills may be, we can probably use them. Examples of the kind of volunteers we need include:
Docents – Entertain and educate our Museum and Tower guests with details of the history, construction, operation and importance of the Point Arena Lighthouse. Contact Mark Hancock at (707) 882-2777 or MarkH.PALight@gmail.com.
Maintenance – The Lighthouse Tower, Fog Signal Building, vacation homes, outbuildings and grounds are like a stationary ship on the ocean and require constant maintenance. If you can wield a paintbrush, repair fences, garden, perform light maintenance, are familiar with construction and carpentry, or are just plain willing to pitch in to keep this jewel looking good then we welcome your involvement! Contact Mark Hancock at (707) 882-2777 or MarkH.PALight@gmail.com.
Education – Are you an expert in a marine, local history or lighthouse topic? Join our Lecture Series and give an interesting and informative presentation. Got an idea for an educational display or program to present at the Lighthouse? We want to hear from you. Contact Mark Hancock at (707) 882-2777 or MarkH.PALight@gmail.com.
Light Station Store – We occasionally need fill in Store Associates to substitute for our regular employees. If you have background in retail and are a quick learner, contact Ann Birdsell at (707) 882-2809, ext. 3 or AnnB.PALight@gmail.com.
Board of Directors – Do you want to be involved in the overall management and direction of the Point Arena Lighthouse Keepers, Inc.? Consider becoming a Board Member. Contact Board President Don McCormick at firstname.lastname@example.org.