Point Arena Lighthouse Terms and Policies
Seasonal Hours and Tours
The Point Arena Light Station Light Station Store, Indoor Museum,Outdoor Museum are open daily from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (4:30 p.m. Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day). The Outdoor Museum is a self guided-tour. (Occasional closures for maintenance, filming or special events will be listed on this page and our Home page).
The Lighthouse Tower is once again open to the public for tours. Tower Tours are available daily. Tours will be conducted approximately every 20 minutes, with the first Tour starting around 10:15 a.m. The last Tour will be presented around 3 p.m. (4 p.m. Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day).
All guests 12 years and older are required to pay the Site Visit Fee of $5 per person for admission to the Light Station Store, Fog Signal Building Museum and 23 acre Outdoor Museum. Tower Tours are available to guests 6 years and older for an additional fee of $5. Guests under 6 years old and pets are not allowed on Tower Tours.
Holiday Hours and Special Events
December 24th 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day.
The Light Station offers free admission on the following days and/or categories:
- Wind & Whale Celebration – Free to all (Date varies each year. See calendar for details)
- Point Arena Light Station Anniversary (May 1) – The original Tower was first lit on this date in 1870. Free to all ($5 Tower Tours)
- National Lighthouse Day (August 7) – Free to all ($5 Tower Tours)
- Mothers Day – Free to mothers
- Fathers Day – Free to fathers
- Veterans Day (November 11) – Free to veterans
- Hometown Holidays – Free to all (Date varies each year. See calendar for details)
- Celebrate the Coast – Free to all ($5 Tower Tours. Date varies each year, See calendar for details)
We have also resumed our Full Moon Night Tours! Night Tours are scheduled on the Saturday closest to every full moon if it doesn’t fall on a Saturday. Individual tickets are $50 each. Click on this Night Tour link for information on the tours and how to make a reservation.