The following are many of the things we hope you will enjoy during your stay at the Point Arena Lighthouse.
The most incredible views on the California Coast
- Our 23 acres are surrounded on three sides by the Pacific Ocean, and our southern neighbor on the peninsula is the Point Arena/Stornetta Public Lands, which were designated as the only land based part of the California Coastal National Monument in 2011 and rated as one of the top 3 places to go in 2014 by the New York Times.
- Enjoy views from your room, the grounds or from the top of the lighthouse! All registered guests have free access to Lighthouse Museum & Tower tours during regular hours of operation. Feeling especially energetic? Climb the tower as part of a group every twenty minutes.
- Watch the whales pass by. Depending on the time of year you can see gray whales, humpbacks, orcas and even the occasional blue whale – just watch for the spouts!
- See the harbor seals hauled out on the rocks east of the Lighthouse Tower and on the drive out Lighthouse Road
Cozy wood burning stoves (firewood & kindling provided) in Assistant Keeper’s Houses and Headkeeper’s House
- Not only do they keep you warm on chilly coastal days and nights, but they do it with ambiance.
Complete kitchens in Head Keeper’s House, Assistant Keeper’s Houses and Keeper’s Apartment (Keeper’s Room has a mini-fridge and microwave only)
- Our kitchens are well-stocked with cooking and dining ware to accommodate your cooking and dining needs – you just provide the eats! Each full sized kitchen has a refrigerator, oven, microwave, and dining area.
- All kitchens are stocked with Cuisinart knife sets, cutting boards, baking sheets, mixing bowls, electric can opener, toaster, blender, electric hand mixers, measuring cups and more.
- All units have coffee makers and teapots and we provide ground coffee, sugar, creamer and herbal and black teas.
- Spices provided include salt, pepper, garlic salt, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, rosemary, parsley and cinnamon.
- Newly renovated Assistant Keeper’s House 4 features a gourmet chef’s kitchen, with high end stainless steel GE range and stove, super quiet Bosch dishwasher, microwave and refrigerator. Restaurant grade dishes and serving platters, silverware and utensils round out this chef’s delight.
Satellite television and free high speed Wi-Fi
- For those who still want news, sports, and movies during their visit to the Lighthouse we offer a full range of viewing options through our HD DishTV satellite receivers. In addition there are CD/DVD players in each rental, along with the DVDs of the 3 movies that have been filmed at the Lighthouse – Forever Young (1992), Need for Speed (2014) both used the Lighthouse for the grand finale of their stories, and the the Iranian-American romantic comedy Shirin in Love (2014) also featured the Lighthouse..
- For those who stream movies, surf the Internet or work while away, we offer free high speed Wi-Fi in all rentals.
Pet friendly options
- For our friends with pets we offer pet friendly accommodations in Assistant Keeper’s Houses 2 & 3.
Amazingly comfortable Tempur-Pedic mattresses
- Prepare to sleep like a baby on our terrific Tempur-Pedic mattresses and feel like you’re floating on gentle seas as you drift to sleep to the sound of ocean waves.
Gift Store on site
- Our Gift Store is the best in the area. Find kites, keepsakes, jewelry, locally crafted items, household items and Lighthouse themed clothing to take home as souvenirs of your stay on the coast.
Hike over 1,600 acres of the California Coastal National Monument
- One of California’s newest monuments, the Point Arena-Stornetta Public Lands were named the first land based part of the California Coastal National Monument. Explore the lands of the Pomo and discover more natural beauty to add to your Lighthouse adventure.
Visit Manchester State Beach
- Hike the 6 mile long Manchester State Beach just to the north of the Lighthouse. Enjoy the dunes, waves and seabirds of this unspoiled and scenic beach.
Restaurants and services nearby
- Just a few miles south in the city of Point Arena you will find restaurants, cafes, bars, markets, a post office, art galleries, shops, a gas station, a library, the lovingly restored Arena Theater, Garcia River Casino and a working harbor. Five miles north in Manchester you can find groceries, hardware, gifts and other supplies at the S&B Market. 16 miles south is the town of Gualala, which offers restaurants, cafes, two supermarkets, a post office, art galleries, shops, two gas stations and the Gualala Arts Center. You can also check out the Point Arena Merchants Association (PAMA) for information on all of the stores, restaurants and services available in the area.